New deal adds top-performing west coast trustee operation and expands ALAW’s national footprint to California and Arizona.
ALAW has completed the transition of acquired assets and operations from JPMorgan Chase’s California Reconveyance Company (CRC). The Firm also retained CRC’s highly tenured staff of approximately 80 employees – who continued operations as ALAW employees on Monday.
“Our strong relationship with Chase, coupled with a highly tenured staff and strong tenured leadership already in place, made for a smooth transition of this top-performing organization to ALAW,” said Rayman Mathoda, Chief Revenue Officer at ALAW. “Our plan is to support these employees - under the continued leadership of Deborah Brignac - and to grow the business to serve additional clients and states from the West Coast. The operations’ top performance track record along with Chase’s commitment to the people, will support the ongoing opportunity to continue representing Chase and now other top servicing clients -- seeking the same superior trustee services previously limited to Chase.”
The addition of experienced attorneys and legal staff to the Chatsworth operation will further support ALAW’s full suite of default services, as well as satisfy new requirements set forth for performance of GSE work in California and Arizona. Deborah Brignac will continue to lead operations as SVP of ALAW West Coast, following nearly 20 years in that role at CRC for JPMorgan Chase.
“ALAW has undergone a tremendous evolution this year, setting forth an ambitious goal to become our client’s number one performing Firm and building upon our strategic foundation, of technology and people, in preparation for national expansion,” said James Albertelli, Founding Partner at ALAW. “Together through the considerable strengths of our dedicated ALAW family — along with our shift to a client-centric operating philosophy, the support of proven operational leadership and significant investments in technology and communications — we have made great strides in achieving our ultimate goal of expanding ALAW’s breadth and depth of services across the country.”
ALAW Acquisition Highlights
- Assets include Chase’s top performing West Coast Trustee operation in Chatsworth, California
- A long tenured staff of approximately 80 employees, dedicated to providing superior residential and commercial foreclosure services
- Currently servicing for Chase in Arizona and California (in addition to ALAW's Southeast operation)
- The addition of ALAW attorney staff fulfills new GSE requirements and enables the operation to continue providing first class customer service to its clients while expanding to undertake GSE business
- ALAW’s West Coast operation is a full service creditor’s rights firm, representing institutional and private lenders in a full range of default legal matters
- Offering full range of default legal matters; including bankruptcy, complex litigation, title, evictions, closing and REO.
- Chase State Peer Ranking: Ranked number 1 in First Legal Processing Time in AZ and CA
The People of ALAW's New West Coast Operation
ALAW’s West Coast Expansion is led by experts in the trustee field, including government and commercial loan foreclosures. They are passionate individuals committed to excellence and effective strategies to ensure success:
- Attorneys: 3
- Paralegals and support staff: 79
- Management years’ experience: 13
- Overall average years’ experience: 9
- Active members of the United Trustee’s Association